Thursday, October 7, 2010

MultiEngine ReCap

Well, our multiengine class has finally come to an end and I still have not completed my tag along flight.  Which is a bummer since I'm really looking forward to any flight in a multi engine airplane.I have learned a lot about multiengine airplanes I would not have guessed before.  For example, having two engines isn't twice as safe, you lose 80% power rather than 50% when one engine fails.  It's also more dangerous due to a higher workload.  I also learned about all the things that increase directional control that you would not expect, for example having the gear and flaps down because of the keel effect.  I liked all the interesting games used to learn the material, but I would have preferred for the class to be less intensive over the entire semester.  I actually did not prefer blogging because I do not have internet at my house, so I had to go to campus to complete assignments.  It was also hard to focus on blogging assignments because it's easy to have several other more interesting tabs open that can be distracting.  Over all, I thought the class was very beneficial, and definitely more interesting than other ground classes I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment